Lutheran Health Network Associates Nominated Peers for 2013 Employee of the Year Awards
FORT WAYNE, Ind. (Friday, May 23, 2014) – Lutheran Health Network today announced five associates, one from each of the Allen County network facilities, as 2013 Employee of the Year. This award is the highest honor bestowed on a hospital employee each year.
Award recipients include:
• Russell Gibson, LPN, nursing, Rehabilitation Hospital of Fort Wayne
• Brian Murphy, patient care associate, medical-surgery department 4B, Lutheran Hospital
• Tanya Sherrill, intake coordinator, outpatient behavioral health department, St. Joseph Hospital
• Jennifer Sorg, RN, peripherally inserted central catheter team, outpatient clinic, Dupont Hospital
• Danielle Steffen, RN, inpatient, The Orthopedic Hospital
“Healthcare requires a special blend of great people skills, tireless energy and the ability to work well under pressure,” said Brian Bauer, Chief Executive Officer, Lutheran Health Network. “People who work in healthcare share the common desire to help others and make a difference in people’s lives. It’s a pleasure to recognize our employees for their dedication to our patients and to providing outstanding care.”
Employees are nominated for the award by their hospital peers based on their commitment to patient care, their professionalism, and their contributions on the job.